Jul 22, 2020
In this episode, I discuss whether or not Crossfit is a suitable training method for hikers.
A little while ago I was asked what my opinion on Crossfit for hikers was. Long story short, in most situations, I don't think it is a fantastic way of training for hiking. However, it does come with some benefits which might be useful for certain hikers out there.
So today I explore what the benefits and drawbacks of this type of training for hiking are, and how to best use it in your week (if you decide you want to).
You will learn:
- A common story I often hear about hikers who only do CrossFit
in their training
- A few potential benefits of Crossfit for hikers
- Several drawbacks to using Crossfit for your hiking preparation
- My ultimate opinion on whether or not Crossfit is a good way of training for hiking
- How to fit Crossfit into your training week (if you already use it in your training)